After realizing offices would never provide the environment I need to thrive, I decided to start working remote 100% of the time. In my last job, I was the CTO of a tiny, remote+distributed nonprofit.
I’m currently taking a break to figure out what’s next in my career.
Remote software developers
In my free time, I help engineers working remotely learn better habits, find remote jobs, collaborate with their teams, and understand how their managers work.
A collection of blog posts about remote, managing in remote companies, and my Onboarding 101 Series
- Remote onboarding 101 – “Whenever I reach out, I feel like I’m bothering them”
- Onboarding 101: learn how people in your organization get paid.
- Remote Onboarding 101: give new employees the power to improve your onboarding documents.
- Remote Onboarding 101: tell them Where, When, and How to show up.
- More thoughts about management.